Monday, April 6, 2009

The Safe Sippy

Last Friday Peanut and I stopped by our local cloth diaper store to pick up a few new diapers. The second I put her down, my eighteen pound wrecking ball started on her path of destruction. One of the first things she found was this cup. She immediately adopted it and threatened one of her embarrassing temper tantrums when I tried to pry it from her tiny fingers. She somehow maneuvered her way around the packaging and got her mouth of the spout. She made little smacking noises with her lips, followed by “Ahhhhh!”, a little antic that she learned from her Grandpa. She continued in the manner until I was finished shopping, at which time I decided I had better add the sippy cup to my pile of loot since she had destroyed the packaging and slobbered all over it. It was a little pricey, but let me tell you - this child LOVES this cup! It’s easy for her to hold and because it’s stainless steel, it acts a thermos and keeps her drinks cold for a lot longer than the plastic competition. Best of all, it’s totally BPA free and can go in the dishwasher. Score!

3 comments:

  1. That's very cool! Jeff & I have gone to stainless steel water bottles, but we have yet to switch the boys off of plastic. I am hesitant to buy anything too pricey, though, because Owen is really picky & somewhat fickle about sippy cups. I love the one that Maddie picked out, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Safe Sippy and also give it a thumbs up. I was on a search for a Klean Kanteen with sippy adapter but came across this at a CD store and have been happy with it. I do guard it with my life though...it is a little pricey!

    ReplyDelete